Monday, April 7, 2014

Easy Blueberry Cheesecake

I used to be intimidated by the thought of making cheesecake.  I finally took the plunge this winter and tried it.  I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it could be.  I will no longer be afraid of cheesecake, but will try new techniques and ingredients!  I will be a cheesecake queen! (Haha.  Yeah, right.)  

This recipe is dated 2011, so it's been sitting around waiting for me for some time.  But hey, it looks good, and easy.  I should try it soon.  

*quick reminder - I did not create this recipe.  I copied/pasted it from some forgotten website several years ago and it's been lounging in my email archives.  If it's yours, please alert me not only so that I can direct traffic your way, but also because I'm sure you have more yummy stuff I need to make.

Easy Blueberry Cheesecake



Ingredients:


1 (6 oz.) graham cracker pie crust
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk 
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (21 oz.) can blueberry pie filling

With mixer, beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice, and vanilla. Pour into crust. Chill at least 3 hours.
After chilled, top with pie filling.

*Hold on to your spatulas - I have an addition to this recipe that actually makes it slightly harder, but more homemade. I make my own graham cracker crust.  It's frighteningly easy.  Here's my recipe:

1 C Graham Cracker Crumbs
3 TBS butter, melted
2 TBS sugar

Stir it all together until completely blended.  Press into pan - or muffin cups if you're making mini-cheesecakes - fill and bake.


Uh oh!  I have another suggestion that is more work, but only slightly and so delicious you'll be glad you made the effort.  I make my own fruit topping.  I know, I know, I'm a regular Betty Crocker.  This is what I do.

1/2 C water, 1/2 C sugar, 1TBS corn starch and 2 cups frozen fruit. Boil everything except the fruit till it starts to thicken. Lower the heat to simmer, add the fruit and cook to the consistency you like.

There you have it - an easy cheesecake recipe and my own variations. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment