Thursday, October 30, 2014

Zucchini Brownies

The first time I made these I didn't tell my kids their main ingredients were fruits and vegetables. I didn't want them to prejudge. I just served them up with a smile on my face. The kids dug in and we all smiled. The next time I made them my oldest daughter helped. She was surprised to see me pull the bags of shredded zucchini and applesauce from the fall harvest from the freezer and even more surprised to see bananas go in the mix. But hey, if they're good they're good and she gobbled them up same as before.  I truly wish I knew where I got this recipe because as good as it is I know whoever created it would have more yummy stuff I'd like to make. These are as delicious and as guilt free as brownies can get.  


Brownies made with zucchini, bananas and applesauce, yielding a brownie with only 120 calories, 2 grams of fat, and a whole bunch of vitamins and minerals, and egg free. YESSSS!!!!
These are even a very moist low fat chocolate brownie alternative, for weight watchers, only 2 ww points per serving ( 24 servings). Its not going to be the same box brownie, but especially someone that only eats sweets occasionally like me, this healthier option is delish and guilt free!!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 2 small or medium bananas mashed
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 cups finely shredded zucchini (I used frozen. It worked well, just allow for time for it to thaw and drain well before adding.)
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup walnut pieces  

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 9x13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, mashed bananas and sugar. Add vanilla and cocoa and mix together. Then add baking soda, salt, and zucchini and mix together. Add flour and walnuts and mix together. Spread evenly into a prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes until brownies spring back when gently touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment