Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Alton Brown: How to (Safely) Slice a Mango

Alton Brown is one of my favorite TV personalities.  His new youtube channel is not only a treasure trove of great cooking advice, it's also dang funny!  Since my children love mangoes but I always have trouble cutting them, I thought I'd be smart to save this video where I'll remember it exists.



*I also recently discovered a tool from OXO that slices the pit out of a mango with no guess work about where said pit might be.  Alton wouldn't approve because it's a unitasker, but it's something I've purchased and used happily many times this summer.  Why it never occurred to me to use a peeler to remove the skin before slicing the mango I'll never know.  (I've been doing the unsafe open palm grid slice and it's quite inefficient.)
Buy the OXO mango slicer here:




Pinnable Image! Alton Brown How to Slice A Mango

No comments:

Post a Comment